Saturday 3 March 2012

Smoothies for summer

I've been checking out a lot of the "Clean Eating" sites for some inspiration on smoothies.  I love having an ice cold smoothie after a workout in the summer, packed with protein and just scrumptious.  So far, I haven't found a recipe that rivals my all time favourite, which was created by my husband after a special offer at the supermarket on watermelons:

Watermelon and Ginger Summer Smoothie
Serves 2

Recipe:
1 quarter of a watermelon chopped
1-2 tsp powder ginger (depending on your taste)
1.5 cup Fat Free Greek Yoghurt
1 tsp vanilla extract

Pop everything into a blender (we have a hand held, so just put everything in a large jug and blitz until smooth.

I make my smoothie about an hour before my workout and put it into the freezer, so when I go do my workout I take it out to let it slowly melt and when you finish working out it's at a perfect consistency, bit like a slush puppy.  It is heavenly and only has approx 165 calories per serving.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment