Saturday 3 March 2012

Body Pump on a Saturday morning

There used to be a time when Saturday and Sunday were days off from exercising, but I have found a great class that I love going to and I feel great afterwards.  Body Pump has got me out of bed on a Saturday morning and out the house and starting my weekend on a real high.  I'm already increasing my weights and feeling the changes in my arms and legs - love those squats and deadlifts.

I'm definitely going to ache though ( a good ache though ) as we increased our weights for the bicep routine today and boy did I feel it, it was tough, but I got through it, though I do think I might stick with that weight for a couple of sessions before I add more weight again, slowly, slowly as they say!

I'm only going to one body pump a week, but I'm really thinking that I need to add another class in there somewhere or try and incorporate some more weight training into my week.  I currently do 2 x Fight Do Classes, 1 x UBound Class, 1 x Yoga, 1 x Spin Class and 1 x Bodypump.  I did have 2 x 5km runs in there, however I have had to cut them for the time being due to shocking shin pain (I have flat feet!!) so I think I might move that onto the cross trainer instead and limit the impact on my legs.

Couple this new workout regime with the Clean eating and I'm already feeling a lot more energetic and strangely losing my cravings for bad foods.  Knowing what's in every mouthful of food you take changes your perception on food, you question those little bits and bobs you just naturally snacked on and the shock when you actually read what's in them is enough to send anyone to the Clean eating lifestyle!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment