Wednesday 7 March 2012

Baking nightmare!

Ok, so my in-laws arrived this evening for their 10 day break and I thought it would be fabulous to have some lovely lemon and poppy seed cup cakes ready for them coming.  So after a thorough cleansing of the house I took to the kitchen and started my cup cakes... I don't have a muffin tin and having just made a successful batch of carrotcake cup cakes last week, thought that this would work out perfectly well.

I was wrong.

I was clearly a little over zealous with the amount of cake mixture in each paper cup and whilst cooking the cakes spilled out over the casing like a limp volcano!  I thought that I could salvage this somehow my making a frosting (hides a multitude of sins)  but in my haste I made it far too thin... PANIC, they arrive in like 15 minutes, what's a girl to do.  I shoved the frosting in the freezer and went out for dinner... came back, frosting is now the perfect consistency, job done!

Although, we were all stuffed from our Meze which is a tradition of ours on the parents first night on holiday, so  the cupcakes will need to wait until tomorrow (and don't worry, they're healthy ones too!).

Knackered now from the days exertions so off to bed for me and up early for my Body Pump class in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment